EQUA gather, store and use “personal data” as defined by the European Union Regulation (EU) 2016/679, commonly known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in order to market its products and services to you. The collection and processing of personal data is subject to restrictions aimed at protecting the privacy of individuals.
Please note that EQUA is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third party websites to which https://www.equa.se or any other EQUA website, software product, and/or application may link to or from. Nor is EQUA responsible for the privacy practices of any partner or other third party having a relationship with EQUA, except with respect to their authorized activities in processing data on behalf of EQUA.
We request very little identifying information from you and only for specific set of purposes.
The personal data we might hold on you is:
- Full name
- Company name
- Email address
- Job role
- Company address, including postcode
- Company telephone and mobile number
- IP address
- Email marketing preferences
Use of data
EQUA’s purpose in collecting and processing your data is to provide you with access to assets and/or services that you request or that we believe will enhance your experiences with EQUA and its products. If you have contact with EQUA as a representative for your organization, EQUA will process your personal data in order to be able to fulfil EQUA’s commitment to your organization. We may also use your data for the following purposes:
- To enable you to request and receive information about EQUA, its events, and its products;
- To provide you with personalized access to and tailored content on the Site;
- To enhance your interaction with the Site by storing and subsequently presenting, when you next visit the Site, such data you submit through forms, support services, and other ways for transferring data;
- To allow you to download and install software, software updates, and trial versions of the software, as well as documentation and other materials made available by EQUA or other third parties associated with EQUA;
- To provide accurate threading in discussion forums;
- To enable you to register for, and to track your participation in a webinar, workshop, conference, or other event hosted by EQUA or third parties associated with EQUA;
- To enable any partner who may be responsible for selling licenses to our software and providing support in your territory to serve you;
- To provide technical assistance and targeted documentation suited to your particular needs;
- To enable trusted third parties associated with EQUA to contact you in accordance with your preferences and/or to obtain your consent to communicate with you in accordance with their privacy policies;
- To process an employment application from you;
- To enable EQUA to evaluate the user experience of the Site and any potential areas for improvement;
- To enable EQUA to manage its business relationships, such as sales opportunities, commercial offers, and contracts;
- To enable EQUA to deliver products or materials through postal services, courier companies, and other means of shipping;
- To enable EQUA to manage its research and development activities, including bug reports, feature requests, feedback on quality, and performance testing;
- To conduct internal audits and investigations;
- To conduct assessments to identify conflicts of interest;
- To disclose data to governmental institutions or supervisory authorities as applicable in all countries in which EQUA operates;
- For record keeping and reporting obligations, compliance with government inspections/ audits, responding to requests from government or other public authorities, and responding to legal processes such as subpoenas;
- To establish, exercise, manage, and/or defend against legal claims that EQUA may have or may be subjected to; and
- Any other purposes associated with the purpose of carrying out the business of EQUA.
The legal basis on which EQUA relies for the above use of your data includes:
- Processing of your personal data where you have given consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary for performing a contract to which you are party;
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary for EQUA to comply with a legal obligation; and
- Processing of your personal data that is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of EQUA or a third party, except where those interests are overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
EQUA uses recognized technology and tools to protect the security of your data. Yet, due to the fact that no security system is impenetrable, EQUA cannot completely and entirely guarantee the data security of EQUA’s security systems. If these systems are breached and your data is compromised as a result of this, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the breach and, where appropriate, notify you about which data may have been compromised. EQUA will also take other steps to address the breach in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Transfer of data
EQUA, its subsidiaries, and partners are the parties responsible for the management of EQUA’s jointly-used storage of personal data. Contact information for EQUA Simulation AB can be found at the bottom of this policy. As a global organization, the data you provide to EQUA may be transferred to or used by subsidiaries or partners of EQUA and trusted third parties for the purposes described above, including locations outside the European Economic Area.
Data storage retention
All data that is collected will be stored only as long as is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it is collected, or as long as is permitted or required by applicable law. Periodically, EQUA will review its data processing systems to determine whether or not the purposes for the collection and processing of your data remain valid. That determination will be based on factors that include, but are not limited to, whether or not you are still in contact with EQUA, whether or not any requests made by you from EQUA have been fulfilled (including any follow-up tasks), whether or not there is a contractual relationship between you and EQUA, and whether or not there is a contractual or legal basis for continuing to retain your data. Based on that review and any notifications received from data subjects, EQUA will update its systems.
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 12 months. Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser session.
You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. For instructions on how to handle and delete cookies please look under "Help" in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device.
Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
We use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
To find the EQUA subsidiary, click here
EQUA Simulation AB is located at:
EQUA Simulation AB
SE-169 57 Solna