Since the early 90's, EQUA has developed state-of-the-art simulation software for buildings, tunnels and energy systems. EQUA has become a world leading supplier and the tools have been used in a variety of large projects all around the world.
What is needed for a really good simulation tool?
The below criteria are well met by EQUA's simulation tools.
Are you interested to know more?
To deal with advanced design issues, a building performance simulation software should be able to handle:
- Overheating studies of highly insulated, glazed and naturally ventilated buildings
- Realistic HVAC and plants, including CHP, solar, thermal storage, phase change and sorption processes
- Complex control strategies
- Advanced active façades
For reliable results, a building performance simulation software should meet the following criteria:
- Correct account of thermal mass effects
- Detailed description of the building envelope, systems and controls
- Multi-zone models
- Dynamic time-steps
- Results can be compared with measured data
Any building performance simulation software should meet the following criteria:
- Calculate correctly and be possible to validate
- Enable efficient information input and verification
- Be robust
- Be adaptable to non-standard problem types
- Be transparent (possible to view and understand the mathematical models)
- Provide easy result analysis